Book wildlife safari at Jim Corbett National Park: All you need to know before you head
“If you are a wildlife lover, then Corbett Tiger Reserve in Nainital is an ultimate destination for you. Here we have penned down complete details for booking a jungle safari.”
Jim Corbett National Park situated in Nainital District of Uttarakhand has the captivating landscape famous for healthy population of royal Bengal tigers. Corbett is oldest and most prestigious national park of India that was established in the year of 1936 as Hailey National Park.
The famous Project Tiger of India was launched in Corbett in 1973. It is sprawl over an area of 520 square kilometres, which comprises of hills, marshy lands, riverine belts, grasslands nad a large lake.
Jim Corbett National Park is among the few tiger habitat in India which allow adventure lover to stay overnight and experience life in the middle of the tiger reserve. The wildlife authority of Corbett provides two options for wildlife viewing – one on a open four wheeler gypsy and the other on the 16 seater open bus canter.
The wildlife reserve is one of the most sought after destination for the nature buffs as it hosts healthy population of tigers and rare species like Otters and the endemic fish eating the crocodile.
Bird watching in the tourism zone of the park is also major attractions here that intrigue travellers, and then Corbett is rally virtual haven. Corbett and its adjoining area comprises of more than 650 species of residents and migratory birds. Dhikala tourism zone is the best place to look for birds of prey.
Corbett is finest national park of India and is well known for a rich variety of wildlife including royal Bengal tiger, elephant, approximately four to five species of Deer and sound birdlife.
Tourism Categories in Jim Corbett National Park
In order to promote tourism in better way Corbett has been divided in to six tourism zones.
- Bijarani Safari Zone
- Jhirna Safari Zone
- Dhela Safari Zone
- Dhikala Safari Zone
- Durga Devi Zone
- Sitabani Buffer Zone
- Garjia safari Zone
If you are planning to visit Corbett, it is advisable to book online jeep safari or canter safari for six different tourism zones of the park namely bijrani, Jhirna, Dhela, Dhikala and Garjia.
Jeep and Canter safari booking at Corbett is managed by the forest officials as per the guidelines of forest department. Given below are the complete details for booking a jungle safari at Jim Corbett National Park. The booking price includes jeep, driver, permit guide charges and service charge.
What is the price of a jeep safari booking at Jim Corbett?
- If you are an Indian traveller, then you need to pay INR 4500/Jeep. Maximum 6 persons and 2 children, (between – 5 to 12 years) are allowed in one jeep.
- If you are a foreign national, then you need to pay INR 9000/Jeep. Maximum 6 persons and 2 children, (between – 5 to 12 years) are allowed in one jeep.
What are the timings of Jim Corbett Jungle Safari?
- Morning safari 06:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- Evening safari 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Advance Booking Procedure at Jim Corbett National Park
- The full name, age, sex of each visitor as printed same on the identity cards to be provided along with the confirmatory amount
- Preferred travelling date & Safari timing (Morning/Afternoon)
- Specific ID card number of your ( Voter Id, Aaadhar No, Driving license No etc)
- Safari Entry fee paid in advance
- E-permits are non-refundable if permit is booked/confirmed
- Please carry the same ID card submitted during online booking
- Please intimate us 45 days in advance (for Indian nationals)
- Foreign nationals can ask for booking 90 days in advance
- Passport details are mandatory for making reservation of foreigner tourists
- Safari permit is issued on first come first serve basis (subject to availability)
- In case your safari is not booked due to reasons like technical error or non-availability of seat, we will refund the whole amount in your given bank account. The same would be communicated accordingly.