Dhikala Tourism Zone in Corbett National Park
Dhikala Zone of Corbett National Park is known for some of the best beautiful landscapes and diversity of wildlife. It is believed that wildlife tourism to India is incomplete if you have not visited the Dhikala Tourism Zone in Corbett National park. Sheltering a biggest population of Royal Bengal Tigers and Asiatic Elephants, Dhikala is the most striking place for hard core wildlife lovers. Travelers get an opportunity to discover the best of India’s natural attractions and experience the magic that inspired Kipling. Situated at the border of the extensive Patil Dun valley from where Ramganga River flows in numerous channels. Tourists prefer this zone to experience the outstanding view of the valley.
Jim Corbett National Park is sole national park in India that offers night stay amidst Jungle. There are four forest lodges at Corbett Dhikala Tourism Zone which provide accommodation facilities to the tourists through the operational seasons. These forest lodges are run and managed by forest department under Corbett National Park authority.
- Dhikala Forest Lodge
- Gairal Forest Lodge
- Sarapduli Forest Lodge
- Sultan Forest Lodge
Points to know about these forest lodges:
- There is no electricity supply in these zones only Dhikala lodge has fixed electricity line. Other lodges have solar plates.
- Food Canteen: Dhikala and Gairal forest lodges have food canteen that offers buffet meals while other forest lodges provide kitchen facility with kitchen attendants.
- Location: All the forest lodges inside the Dhikala Tourism zone have excellent location and offers a picturesque view of forests and provides a rich and unique experience.
- Safety: All the forest rest houses in Dhikala zone except Sultan are covered with solar wire fencing to keep away the animals entering the forest lodges.
Check out the accommodation details of the forest rest house at Dhikala zone:
- Dhikala Forest Rest House: Dhikala Forest Rest House is one of the prominent lodge inside Dhikala. This forest lodge has 25 rooms and with 2 dormitory with 12 beds in each dormitory. These 25 rooms are further divided into five different categories namely Old forest rest house – 05 Rooms, Annexe 07 Rooms, Hutment – 06 Rooms and Cabin – 03 rooms respectively.
- Gairal Forest Rest: Gairal has 06 Rooms and 01 dormitory of 08 beds. Six rooms are further divided into two categories – old forest rest house and new forest rest house. Old forest rest house with two rooms and new forest rest house has four rooms.