Reasons Why Jim Corbett National Park is So Popular in India
The Jim Corbett National Park is largely popular for tourism because it is a part of the largest Corbett Tiger Reserve in which the Project Tiger is located in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand. This adorable Jim Corbett National Park is widely popular for its tiger richness.
History of Jim Corbett National Park:
It was established in the year 1936 and it was known as Hailey National Park. It is the oldest and the most prestigious national park in India. To add on to this it is the place where Project Tiger was also launched in the year 1973. It is mainly aims to provide safety to one of the national, royal, and endangered species of India which is Tigers.
Places You Can Visit in Jim Corbett National Park:
As we all know that Jim Corbett National Park is one of the most visited place in India. It is because they have divided Jim Corbett National Park into six major different tourism zones to promote tourism in this region. Tourism is so popular there because tourist can experience some amazing life time experiences with their bare eyes which includes analyzing animal behavior or being a part of wildlife safari. So let’s discuss about the different zones that you can travel without wasting any time.
- Bijrani Safari Zone: This zone is one of the favorite zone of tourists as people get to see natural beauty and open grasslands. The entry gate is located at the distance of 1 Km away from Ramnangar city.
- Jhinra Safari Zone: It is another important tourist zone which is available for tourist throughout the year. It is also not so far from Ramnagar city as it is located at a distance of 16 Km from Ramnagar city.
- Dhela Safari Zone: It is super popular because it was included in the tiger reserve zone in the year November 2014. And the other reason of its popularity in Jim Corbett National Park is that it is the only area in the reserve’s buffer zone which is open for tourist in CTR. Another reason for the growing popularity of this zone is its rich biodiversity and it is also available for the tourist throughout the year. It is approximately at a distance of 13 Km from Ramnagar City.
- Dhikala Zone: It is the largest and the most varied Jungle Safari zone in Corbett. Dikhala is popular because of its various natural beauty and also no one can deny the fact that it provide the most mesmerizing sight to the tourists. And the distance of the entry gate of this zone from Ramnagar city is 18 km. Also you can enjoy the night stay inside the Dikala and it is majorly recommended by the tourists who visit there as it gives the hard core wildlife experience to the people who stays there.
- Durga Devi Zone: This zone is located at the north eastern boundary of the Jim Corbett National Park. This zone is known as the heaven on the planet earth for the people who are really into birds. The entry gate is approximately at the distance of 36 km from Ramnagar city.
- Sitabani Buffer Zone: Last but not the least, this zone is popular for the people are fond of the serene ambiance of natural beauty. And one major fact of this zone is that it doesn’t fall under the Corbett Tiger Reserve area.